Transfer news: Everton deal hinges on video footage, Arsenal exit, three offers from West Ham | Soccer | sport

0

Taylor’s Transfer Tuesdays keep you up to date with all the latest in the transfer market (Image: GETTY)

Hello again everyone ! There’s not long left before the transfer window closes on September 1 and there’s plenty to digest as Premier League clubs continue to up the ante in their quest for new signings. Here are the latest news on the market…

Exclusive: Lampard will study Bamba Dieng’s tapes

Everton boss Frank Lampard is set to study video footage of Marseille striker Bamba Dieng after the Toffees were offered the chance to sign the Senegal international through intermediaries.

The 22-year-old, who is valued at £15m and wants to stay at Marseille despite being left out of the matchday squad for the first two games of the Ligue 1 season, is forced to leaving France by the club’s ruthless new boss, Igor Tudor.

Fulham have also held talks with Marseille over a deal but the Cottagers are reportedly focused on other targets, including Roma’s Justin Kluivert.

Dieng is not sold on a move to Craven Cottage as there is appreciation that Aleksandr Mitrovic will remain Marco Silva’s main striker following his two-goal exploits against Liverpool on the opening day of the season.

Nice would be in pole position for Dieng (potential loan) and a departure from the Stade Vélodrome is planned before the end of the transfer window.

Newcastle and Crystal Palace both held talks in January over a move for the striker, but both have not followed up on their earlier interest.

Earlier in the window, Dieng rejected the chance to join Freiburg in the Bundesliga due to his determination to succeed at Marseille.

Bamba Dieng

Everton and Fulham are in the game for Marseille striker Bamba Dieng (Image: GETTY)

West Ham ask for reinforcements

West Ham are working on several new arrivals for David Moyes after losing their second successive game of the Premier League season.

The Irons were beaten 1-0 by newly promoted Nottingham Forest on Sunday as manager Moyes once again underlined his desire to bolster options within his squad.

The London Stadium hierarchy are hoping to finalize a deal with Paris Saint-Germain for defender Thilo Kehrer. However, there is still no deal in place with the Ligue 1 champions as of this writing – despite two offers being submitted for the versatile Germany international.

Offers are also in the works for Chelsea pariah Emerson Palmieri and Jakub Kiwior from Spezia, while Fenerbahce’s Attila Szalai is one player who remains of interest.

West Ham are still hoping to add up to three new players before the transfer window closes on September 1 and exits are no longer likely.

There had been rumors that Said Benrahma could be pushed towards the exit door, but the Algerian’s eye-catching statement at the City Ground suggests he is still part of Moyes’ plans.

Ben Brereton Diaz is another name admired by the West Ham board, but the Hammers are yet to make their choice for the 23-year-old Chile international, who has already found the net twice in three previous appearances. championship this season.

The Hammers have also inquired about Conor Gallagher but for now he is expected to stay at Chelsea. More on him below…

Conor Gallagher

Crystal Palace are one of several clubs interested in Chelsea star Conor Gallagher (Image: GETTY)

Palace still open when Gallagher returns

Crystal Palace are still very open to the prospect of Conor Gallagher returning to the club after his successful loan spell last season, but Patrick Vieira insists the Eagles have no say in the player’s future.

During Vieira’s pre-Liverpool press conference on Friday, I asked the Palace boss for clarification on the club’s interest…

“It’s not our decision,” Vieira said. “It has to be done by Chelsea if the player is available and then Conor has to make a decision.

“We are like any other club, we focus on the players who are available and here the situation is not in our hands, there is no control so there is no point in talking about it.”

Gallagher was a second-half substitute as Chelsea drew 2-2 with Tottenham in a closely contested London derby on Sunday, but if another midfielder arrives his playing time prospects could be limited.

The 22-year-old is desperate to make England’s World Cup squad for Qatar and could become available later in the window with West Ham, Everton and Newcastle also in the running for his signature.

Palace would welcome the chance to re-sign Gallagher but for now they will wait for a change in his situation after learning he is set to stay at Chelsea.

Brighton hope to strike Estupinan deal

Brighton are pushing to complete the signing of Villarreal left-back Pervis Estupinan after progressive talks with the La Liga club.

There is optimism he could even arrive in England as early as this week to undergo a medical after the Seagulls identified the 24-year-old as their ideal replacement for Marc Cucurella.

A deal – worth around £15million – is now close to being finalized between the two clubs, with Estupinan now set to seal his move to the south coast.

Tottenham had also shown a half-hearted interest in the former Watford man, although club sources drifted away from reports linking them to the player in mid-June.

Brighton Pervis Estupinan

Brighton close in on signing Pervis Estupinan (Image: GETTY)

Nottingham Forest’s spending shows no signs of slowing down

Despite having already secured the services of 15 newcomers, Nottingham Forest are hoping to complete several more signings this week – including Neal Maupay and Houssem Aouar, who is in the final year of his contract at Lyon.

The big-spending (£106m) Premier League new boys have agreed a tentative £15m deal with Brighton for the France striker, who is set to complete a move to the City Ground under little.

A deal for Aouar looks a bit more complex though, with the Lyon central midfielder still awaiting a transfer elsewhere as he targets Champions League football.

Real Betis and Leicester have also expressed interest in the player, but both clubs are currently hampered by tight finances.

Arsenal made a £31.2million bid for Aouar in September 2020 and the France international, whose stock has since fallen, also came close to joining Juventus in the same transfer window.

Forest remain on the case and are optimistic that a deal can be completed as his move for Djibril Sow from Eintracht Frankfurt has since fallen apart.

Steve Cooper’s side have made an offer for the 25-year-old Swiss international, but the player has since decided to stay at Frankfurt.

Runarsson completes loan move

Arsenal Runar goalkeeper Alex Runarsson has completed his loan move to Alanyaspor after undergoing a medical with the Turkish side on Monday. The agreement is a dry loan that does not include a purchase option.

Both clubs were finalizing the paperwork on Monday and official confirmation of the Iceland international’s transfer arrived on Monday evening.

Runarsson, who has played just once for Arsenal’s first team since joining from Dijon in 2020, spent last season on loan in Belgium with OH Leuven.

Share.

About Author

Comments are closed.